Sweet potato toast makes the perfect breakfast, but it also makes the perfect appetizer. I’ve partnered with Simple Living to bring you this delicious sweet potato toast appetizer. The Japanese sweet potato is a little sweeter than a regular sweet potato, which makes it the perfect base for this prosciutto and arugula toast. The sweetness of the potato and the delicious, salty prosciutto make the perfect pair, which is balanced by the light pepperiness of the arugula salad. Sweet potato toast is the perfect thing to make in your Simple Living convection oven, but can easily be made in your oven.
Japanese Sweet Potato Toast with Arugula and Prosciutto
1 medium Japanese sweet potato, evenly sliced into thin pieces
1 C baby arugula
1 tsp EVOO
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
2 slices, prosciutto cut in half
- Preheat convection oven to 325 top and bottom or conventional oven to 400.
- Pierce the sliced sweet potato with a fork and drizzle with a bit of EVOO, rubbing it in on both sides using your fingers.
- Place sliced sweet potato directly on the baking rack and bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping once. Baking time will vary based on thickness of the toast.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing for the arugula salad. Mix 1 tsp EVOO, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork, then toss in the baby arugula.
- Once the toast has been removed, allow to cool for a few minutes. Place sliced prosciutto on toast and top with arugula salad, drizzle with EVOO to finish.